The Offshore Wind (OSW) NYC Waterfront Pathways Program is being launched by NYCEDC to counter documented disparities in public procurement by increasing opportunities for minority-owned, women-owned, and disadvantaged business enterprises (M/W/DBEs) in the OSW and waterfront industries.
Firms that complete the OSW NYC Waterfront Pathways Program will:
- Become prequalified and competitive against similarly sized businesses for NYCEDC contracts
- Gain valuable experience working on transformative New York City projects to meet the city’s growing clean energy needs
- Receive on-the-job technical assistance to ensure success on site
- Access top-notch training developed by industry experts
- Form networks with established OSW and waterfront firms
We Source NYC
As the OSW industry develops in the US, local supply chains and port infrastructure will need to grow immensely. Bolstered by government policies that incentivize or require domestic manufacturing for renewable energy technologies, local manufacturers and other industrial businesses may have the opportunity to tap into reliable new business for years to come. Through research, business engagement, and targeted programming NYCEDC is working to help NYC manufacturers and other industrial firms access emerging OSW supply chain opportunities.